February 26, 2009
Ever wondered whether you are a metrosexual? No, me neither. Well, apparently these are the telling signs.
I found this little questionnaire on howtodothings.com. Here is a quick breakdown of the questions and my answers:
1. Do gay men hit on you? Yes
2. Do you carry a purse? No, but my Dad does.
3. How do you feel about your socks? Ridiculous question. They keep my feet warm.
4. Do you wear tighty whities? Ha, no.
5. Do you use more than one product in your hair? Yes
6. Have you ever used hair removal services other than shaving? No
7. Do you receive spa services? No
8. Do you borrow products from the women in your life? Not that they know of…
Stupid questionnaire, I’ve gained nothing from that apart from the knowledge that metrosexuals really care about their socks. To see this in depth, click here.
p.s. Can anyone please tell me the definition of a metrosexual sock? Cheers!
February 17, 2009
Like you, I have an interest in football, girls and beer (do I sound ‘man’ enough yet?). But, at the same time, do you wonder whether it is acceptable to watch that Hugh Grant film or listen to Girls Aloud just because you are a guy?
You all know these type of blokes. One minute they will be perusing their FHM magazine (no doubt looking at the ‘bit of crumpet’ on page 34), only to turn your head for a split second to realise that they are in fact now reading this weeks copy of More magazine, wondering about how Alexa Chung’s relationship with Alex Turner is coming along. Are they just intrigued, or fully interested? What normally starts as a quick glance at the problem pages – cos lets face it, they are pretty funny – turns into something more of an in depth read.
Now, there will be guys reading this and wondering whether there are actually guys like this who aren’t actually gay? Trust me, there are.
In today’s world of hair straighteners and manicures, the effeminate guy – or ‘metrosexual’ – is further distancing us from the lad culture that there once was.